Want to Open an Online Store on WordPress? Here’s How!
You want to open an online shop on WordPress but don’t understand how to get started? Are you worried that you won’t be able to prepare all the things an online store needs? Relax, forget about your doubts and worries. Creating an online store is not as difficult as you think.
Opening an Online Store on WordPress via the WooCommerce Plugin
Creating an online store is quite simple, you only need a plugin, and one of the best online store plugins on WordPress is WooCommerce.
WooCommerce is a free plugin for WordPress that allows you to easily create an online store. There are many advantages that you will get if you use WooCommerce:
- Simple, Free, and Solid: this plugin can meet all your needs to start an online store on WordPress with guaranteed security.
- SEO support: it’s common knowledge that Google loves WordPress – and it’s great for supporting your SEO.
- Large Community: WooCommerce has a community of thousands of members ready to help solve your problems.
- Open Source: an open-source scheme, allows users to provide reports on bugs that are found.
- Extensive Functionality: There are many add-ons and plugins for WooCommerce that will allow you to create a custom online store.
As in most cases, you must first install and activate a plugin before using it.
Creating Sales Related Pages
After you activate the plugin, WooCommerce will ask for your approval to install the main structure of an online store. When you go to the “Pages” menu, you will see that there are 4 new pages generated by the WooCommerce system automatically:
- The main page of the online shop
- shopping cart
- Payment page
- The page contains information related to customer orders
Setting Some Basic Aspects of WooCommerce
You need to go to the “settings” menu in WooCommerce to adjust these things:
- General settings: You need to set location and currency.
- Product settings: You will see many options for setting up your product.
- General subtab: in addition to dimensions, you can activate the option for your customers to leave comments.
- Display subtab: You can choose to display product categories on the main page.
- Inventory settings: in this section, you can activate stock management. You can specify how many products you have in stock, and the WooCommerce plugin will do the rest (including when the product stock runs out).
- Tax: here you can manage everything related to the taxation of your business.
- Payment: here you can activate various payment methods. More is better.
- Account: check “enable registration on payment page”. This method allows your customers to enter personal data only when making the first payment.
Adding Your Product
Next, you have to add a product. This process is easy – the same as when you create posts in WordPress. You only need to go to the add new product menu and fill in some product details such as title, description, product image, category, and label.
At this point, your online shop is ready to take orders. You should maximize your marketing efforts from here on out because getting the first customer is quite a challenging job.
That is the discussion on how to open an online store on WordPress. For your business to grow, don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your products so that later you can increase visitors on your online business portal. Froggy Ads is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. helps you target your desired marketing target and provides you with multiple options for marketing your product.