Teaching English online is one of the options to generate income working from home or travelling around the world as a good digital nomad. Thanks to the advance of new technologies and distance learning, any bilingual person (in some cases without even having official certification) has opportunities to work online sharing their teaching with students from different parts of the world.
But, do you have a hard time getting people interested in your courses? Here is a very useful tool to advertise your classes.
It is about using advertising audios which are advertisements that appear in different audio streaming formats and channels. Such as, for example, Spotify, online radio advertising and popular podcasts.
This type of advertising is booming, as all the figures testify:
- In 2020 podcasts generated advertising revenues of $659 million in 2020.
- 40% of Spanish internet users claim to have listened to a podcast in the last month.
Advantages of Audio Ads
Like any digital marketing strategy, digital audio advertising has its advantages. Therefore, if you implement Audio Ads in the right way you can get the following benefits:
- It does not generate simultaneous competition: This type of advertising can only be listened to one at a time. So, they receive all the customer’s attention.
- It can be applied to different devices: As it is in audio format, users can consume it on any mobile device.
- It has a great reach: Consumers can listen to it while doing other things such as cleaning the house or playing sports. Audio Ads do not require as much attention as visual ads.
- Measurable: If you know how to choose the right KPIs you can measure the effectiveness of your ads.
- They have a high listening rate: One thing that digital audio advertising has going for it is that it cannot be skipped. In other words, the user is obliged to listen to your ad if they want to continue with their audio experience.
- Interesting cost-effectiveness: This type of advertising is cheaper than visual advertising. Not only that. In addition, the effectiveness of Audio Ads is higher.
How to advertise with digital audio
In order to carry out an Audio Ads strategy, the first thing to do is to contact a company that will help you to master this format.
For this, I suggest you take a look at MediaFem. A 12-year-old ad network that connects content websites and advertisers using programmatic platforms. A charge is then calculated using the software’s on-site revenue. It has created a set of adaptive marketing standards that enable each ad to be targeted to people who are interested in the information being presented.
It takes pride in being able to supply higher-quality material to advertisers than other ad networks. This system responds rapidly to ad requests, ensuring that each impression is delivered as soon as possible for the best viewing experience possible. By providing relevant content and functioning more efficiently than other ad networks, MediaFem has grown to be the company it is today.
On the other hand, it is necessary that you take into account the following aspects in order to make your audio advertising in the best way:
1.- Segment your audience
In order to implement Audio Ads, the first thing you have to do is to define the parameters of the campaign and the target audience. Because each campaign will have different characteristics depending on the target audience.
This is very important as it will determine the effectiveness of the investment. If your campaign does not reach the audience you are interested in, it will not generate the advertising impact you need.
In addition, when doing this segmentation you must take into account certain aspects such as demographics, common behaviours or age, among many others.
There are many companies that offer their platforms for this type of advertising, although the best known worldwide at the moment is Spotify. As it is a music streaming platform with millions of users, it allows a deep segmentation.
2.- Choose one of the ways to invest in Audio Ads
Audio Ads can be hired in two different ways:
- Through a direct purchase or
- Through programmatic buying.
The first option must be booked and the rates are usually managed in CMP (Cost per thousand impressions) format. Programmatic buying, on the other hand, can only be obtained through a real-time auction programme.
3.- Discover the different audio formats
Like many other types of advertising, there are different Audio Ads formats. The most common are the following:
- Linear Audios: this type of ad is divided into three different types:
- Pre-roll: these are ads that are produced at the beginning of the content.
- Mid-roll: As the name suggests, they are those that occur during the content.
- Post-roll: these are the adverts that are played when the content ends.
- Sequential audio: These are the adverts that are played one after the other.
- Ads that can be skipped: In this case, users have the possibility to skip the ads. They are normally used to analyse user behaviour.
4.- Analyse the metrics you need to take into account
In order to analyse the performance of your Audio Ads campaign it is important that you take care of the following metrics:
- Listening rate.
- The impressions generated by your audio advertising campaign.
- From which devices users have listened to your ads.
- What has been the total number of listeners.
- Conversions or actions taken by users after listening to your ads.
Also published on Medium.