Startup Business Mistakes You Need To Avoid
The startup business is a business opportunity that in recent years is being loved by many people, especially young people. Not only promises big profits, but this business can also last forever, as long as the perpetrators know how to manage it. But unfortunately, many startup businesses are stuck under management due to the inability of the actors to manage management properly.
In general, the biggest mistake that often occurs in startup businesses when they want to attract investment is finding investors who are not related to their line of business. Many startup businesses are looking for investors only with the consideration of the big-name investors. When looking for investors, it is better if you have one line and one vision with what the startup business is doing. Here is a list of startup mistakes that you need to know.
Main Causes of Business Failure
If you specify at least 5 main reasons why a startup business can fail. Among them are the following:
- Do not have a clear planning. Careful planning is necessary in managing any business, including startup businesses. Not only does it play a role in operating the business, but a clear plan will also determine the success of the startup business in the future. So make sure you have a concrete plan and brilliant business ideas before deciding to enter the world of digital business.
- Do not take advantage of existing opportunities. As a businessman, you must be sensitive to your surroundings. Including being sensitive in seeing the opportunities that exist. These opportunities can take many forms. Starting from cooperation with other business people, market and consumer demand, and so on.
- Unclear concept. To be successful at a startup business, you must have a clear business concept from the start. Every businessman may copy other startups that already exist, but don’t forget to make sure you also have ideas that are fresh, original, and of course, can meet market tastes well.
- Do not have sufficient capital. Lack of capital is also one of the reasons for the failure of a startup business. Even though large capital does not guarantee business success, still ensures that the company’s financial condition is managed as well as possible so that there is no deficit in the future.
- Having an attitude of giving up easily. Competition in the startup business is getting more and more crowded. The death of one startup business can be followed by the growth of a thousand new startup businesses. Having an attitude of giving up easily just because there are one or two problems (both internal and external) is certainly not a wise decision.
Frequent Business Mistakes
Several startup business mistakes often occur, including the following:
- Set up a startup business by yourself. Because behind a successful startup business, there is generally a strong and ideal team.
- The location selection is not quite right, so it will be difficult for startup businesses to develop.
- Avoiding competitors or competitors, such as reducing quality or profits can fail in the startup business.
- Solving the same problems that were futile. So instead of solving the same problem, you should look for other problems and imagine how your startup business will solve those problems.
- Not able to adapt quickly.
- Wrong in recruiting employees, especially programmers. Choosing a programmer is one of the important things in setting up a startup business. However, it turns out that choosing the right programmer is not an easy matter. And if you recruit the wrong way, then you will fall behind and be caught by competitors.
- Wrong in choosing the platform. Choosing the wrong platform will burden your startup business or you may lose users. For example, choosing a server for your website. If the server’s performance is slow, users will be reluctant to visit your website.
- Postponing the launch of a startup business, because they feel that the software or service is not 100% ready. The longer you delay the launch of a startup business, the longer you will get answers to these problems.
- Releasing a product too early. This will have an impact on the reputation of your startup business.
- Not thinking about the target user, so the product is not on target.
- Raising too little or raising too much, and spending too much.
- Poor or bad investor management.
- Sacrificing customers for a lot of profit.
- The occurrence of conflict between founders.
- Not maximal in running a startup business.
Business Mistakes In Digital Marketing
There are three most common mistakes startup business people make. All three can be improved or it will have a big impact on the return on your digital investment.
1. Not focusing digital marketing on business goals
Just like any other business, a startup business also needs to have income. The way to have income with digital marketing is by making all of your activities achieve concrete business goals. The best way to fix digital marketing mistakes without a business goal is to create a marketing funnel. Because not all digital marketing results will immediately result in sales, this marketing funnel has several stages, each of which is a small business goal. Then it will lead to the main business goal which is usually a sale.
2. Trying to market products on many social media
In general, business people will create accounts on all social networks but do not interact following existing norms and standards. Instead of adding a level of communication, your startup will look bad and kill potential prospects. The best way to fix this error is to start your digital marketing using only one or two mediums.
3. Trying to market a product for everyone
If you try to target everyone, then you are not targeting anyone. This is one of the biggest mistakes. The average consumer will receive at least 5,000 sales messages per day, which means your digital marketing message must stand out. If your startup business is trying to market to an overly diverse audience with a variety of wants, needs, and wants then you’ll have a hard time crafting a digital marketing message that resonates with anyone. Additionally, with a large audience, your marketing message will compete with a much larger pool of competitors. Therefore, you can narrow your target audience by various demographics and psychographics.
That’s some information about startup business mistakes that are often made. Managing a business is not easy. It takes a careful plan and a special strategy so that the business can be managed properly and can continue to grow. You need to know a list of business mistakes as described above, so you can anticipate early. There are several things you should avoid in running a startup business.
For your business to grow, don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your products so that later you can increase visitors on your online business portal. Froggy Ads is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. helps you target your desired marketing target and provides you with multiple options for marketing your product.