SEM vs SEO, Know What Are the Differences and Their Benefits
SEO and SEM are two things that cannot be separated in digital marketing. the two are related. Both SEO and SEM are tools that can streamline your digital marketing activities. The difference between SEO and SEM even among digital marketers is still a matter of debate. Then, what is the difference between the two tools?
Search Engine Marketing VS Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Marketing is a form of marketing on the internet through website promotion activities by increasing the visibility of the website on search engine results pages such as Google (SERP). SEM includes SEO techniques as well as several other marketing techniques. Apart from optimizing for search engines, SEM also includes the use of paid search as its main component. Some examples include pay-per-click (PPC) lists and ads like Google Ads. So mostly in the form of campaigns (advertisements) and PPC activities. If you’re doing SEO, that is SEM efforts too.
Search Engine Optimization is defined as the process of optimizing a website with all its aspects such as content, systems, and others. The goal is to rank high on search engines like Google. If you want to get more visitors or high traffic on your website and more potential customers, then SEO is an important way to do it. SEO is a component of a larger category which is SEM. The laws and unwritten rules of SEO are constantly changing following changes in search engine algorithms continuously.
In other words, SEO and SEM have no fundamental differences. If SEO only relies on keywords so that your website can be reached by search engine users, SEM is tasked with maximizing SEO performance.
Benefits of Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Using paid advertising is very profitable to find new customers. Because SEM ensures your website appears in the right place. Apart from that, SEM also works quickly by targeting visitors who are already interested in the products or services you offer.
- Its use is easy to control and can be adjusted according to specified costs and timeframes.
- The next benefit is easier target achievement because it focuses on marketing targets. A more relevant and specific target difference will make your product or website easier to promote. Traffic quality will also increase and provide multiple profit opportunities. Besides, customer coverage will also be wider so that it is not only focused on one point, but to various other locations.
- Control can be done as a whole, because SEM serves as a means of promotion that allows the opportunity for you to control, from the timeline, costs to the results you want to achieve. Control can also be done in selecting the appropriate type of ad and keywords. The goal is that the product or website can be promoted more easily and optimally.
- Conversations are increased because SEM has targeted marketing with relevant visitors. So that the search marketing conversion rate will also increase.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- The first benefit of SEO is bringing positive traffic. Using SEO will make your website well optimized so that it will be easier to find or find by search engines like Google. This is what makes visitors or website traffic increase. The more people who visit the website, of course, the more potential customers will be obtained so that later they can become loyal customers.
- The second benefit is getting consumer data for free. When using SEO, you will find it easier to get consumer data for free. Data or consumer contact is needed to make it easier to contact them. Besides, consumer data will also make it easier for you when providing information about new products or promotions offered.
- The third benefit is increasing brand awareness. Using SEO is useful for increasing the brand awareness of your business. Brand awareness is defined as the ability of potential consumers to recognize and remember product brands. The more well-known the product offered, the higher the sales intensity. A product brand that is easily recognizable and easy to remember will make consumers want to make a purchase, then promote it.
The information above is expected to provide knowledge for you digital business people who may have heard the terms SEM and SEO but do not understand what the difference is between the two. So how? Have you currently decided whether to run SEM, SEO, or both? You can run both of them simultaneously, because they are both important.
For your business to grow, don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your products so that later you can increase visitors on your online business portal. Froggy Ads is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. helps you target your desired marketing target and gives you many options to market your product.