Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Learning Guide for Beginners
Search Engine Optimization, techniques that often become the most sought-after mysteries. Engineering that is often “feared” by new beginners learned as well as a “mainstay weapon” by search engine experts (SEO).
But, what is the SEO optimization function? Well, the way SEO is used correctly will help increase rankings and traffic to our website. If you are a blogger that intends to monetize a blog or if you are an internet marketer, SEO will certainly be very necessary.
In this post, we will discuss the complete way of SEO optimization. What technique is that? Here’s the full review:
Optimize on-page SEO on the website
On-Page SEO is a technique of maximizing the performance of a website that is following the Search Engine Regulations, in this case, Google. Before we begin to optimize each page, please make sure that the entire website is set correctly.
We still often find situ webs that are not friendly SEO, even on a website that looks good in terms of display but not yet SEO friendly. The point must be fixed, namely, the performance of the website must be good at the search engine and in the eyes of the user or audience.
What we will learn:
- Check whether our website has practiced on-site SEO correctly.
- How to link between one page with other pages for SEO optimization.
In general, in addition to regulating content, make sure you also have access to be able to set the title tags, page titles, and meta tags. Most existing websites use the Hypertext Mark-Up Language (HTML) code-based platform, for example, Blogspot, and the Content Management System (CMS) as used by WordPress and Joomla. That is, make sure we can log in and set our website HTML or CMS code.
If you still use WordPress for free, you should start considering using a paid domain and web hosting because it’s a free account, the CMS code setting is very limited.
The first step of learning SEO from the base
Make your website Seo Friendly certainly needs a little effort. But you don’t need to worry because there is a lot of information that can be learned, related to optimizing the performance of your website using SEO.
As a first step, we will give a list of several things that you must be prepared before making a website setting. That is, make sure that you have access to regulate this list.
This is related to technical problems that are quite deep, so if you have a webmaster or website designer, you can ask for help. Or if not, you can do research and find information about this.
Here’s the list:
- Page titles on each page. I mean HTML tags on each page.
- Meta tags on each page.
- Meta keywords on each page.
- Make sure there is only one <h1> (heading) in each page and post. H1 is usually used for page titles or posts. You can use <h2> as much as you want, but make sure there are only 1 <h1> because if you use more than 1 heading, your post will be considered spam.
- Has a contact page.
- Can change or add content to the page.
- Access to Blog / News Page.
What is meant by a blog is that you have access to create, edit, and publish new posts.
ON-SITE Search Engine Optimization
There are only two main categories in SEO optimization: on-site and off-site.
- ON-SITE SEO is the optimization done on our website. This is what we will discuss now.
- Off-site SEO is optimization from outside the website. In other words, get a backlink from another website. There are several debates about the most appropriate and safe ways to optimize off-site SEO, but we will discuss in the next article.
How to Optimization on-site SEO is as follows:
- Understand the structure of the website
It is very important to understand the structure of a website because of the way you link between one page with other pages can optimize SEO or destroy it. There is something called “Silo Structure” which is very popular because this is indeed successful to optimize SEO.
Another way that is no less important to optimize on-site SEO is to learn to link or connect between one page with other pages. When one article has a link to another article, meaning we have done a “link juice” that serves to increase the ranking or traffic.
Some website templates are equipped with “Read More” features automatically, so we don’t have to bother anymore. Well, what if you want to make a link or link in the content? We recommend using keywords as an anchor text.
-Besides keywords, we can also use several variations of the link. For example:
-Read more in
-Website address or naked link. Example: www.froggyads.com.
-The following article
If the steps above are done correctly, ranking your website will increase a week or a few weeks later. Please remember, SEO is indeed slow. Unlike when you test at school or join the quiz whose results can be immediately visible.
New keyword optimization
Search Engine Optimization is closely related to keywords or commonly called keywords. Choosing keywords that have high traffic potential is prioritized. As for the good keyword characteristics are keywords with high volume search and high click value.
What we will learn:
- How to optimize existing content.
- Know what optimization is classified as spam.
Say, we already have a keyword list. Now it’s time to optimize the results of the keyword research. Please see on Google Webmaster Tools and check keywords on Search Console. Search for keywords that are not in the top 5 ratings.
Copies these keywords to Google and see which pages or articles appear in search results. It is this page we will optimize with the keyword.
Enter the page and make the following changes:
- Place keyword phrases on the title tag. It’s better if it’s placed in the beginning.
- Place the keyword phrase in <h2> tag or subheading. Tambahi with some relevant words so it forms one whole sentence. For example, your keyword is “Search Engine Optimization”, then make it a whole sentence like “easy steps to optimize the Search Engine Optimization”.
- Place a keyword phrase in the content.
- Place the keyword phrase in Meta Keywords.
That is all. Check the development of the page rank you optimize a week later.
SEO learning tips for beginners:
- Don’t make title tags that are too long, maximum 60 characters.
- We recommend that you use capital letters at the beginning of the word so it doesn’t look as if the title tag is only the result of the copy. Example: Complete Guide Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Use phrases or natural sentences.
- If the content is not too relevant to the keyword phrase, you need to revise the content to have relevance.
Excessive = Spam
In addition to making new and quality new content, there is nothing more we need to do. Next, we will make new content and enter a new keyword, right? So, no need to add too many keywords on the page we edited earlier. You don’t want if your page looks like “spam”, right? Just relax, not too much.
Search for 20 or more keywords and keyword phrases or as many keywords as you want. Do the same thing as the steps above. Yes, this does sound like a long-winded step. But believe me, when you are used to, this optimization technique will not feel heavy anymore.
In addition to optimizing existing pages, of course, you are free to make new articles with new keywords. It’s the best strategy because, as we said before, if you constantly optimize a page with many keywords, you will look like spam, and it’s not good for SEO.
It would be better if you use a new keyword for new posts. Post articles with relevant categories. If new posts have relevance with previous posts, please link.
- Start optimizing several pages with keywords that have been selected.
- See the results on Google Webmaster Tools and see if the rating goes up or not.
Again, we want to remind you for beginners, learning SEO techniques (Search Engine Optimization) is not instant work. It takes patience to get maximum results. That’s all from us, congratulations to practice, good luck.
For your business to grow and increase the number of customers you don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your product, so that later you can improve visitors in your online business portal. FROGGY ADS is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. Helps you target the targeting target you want and give you many choices to market your product.