Integrated Marketing Communication for a more maximum marketing strategy, this explanation!
Today, the IMC or Integrated Marketing Communication has become one of the increasingly popular methods in the world of marketing.
Basically, the IMC itself is actually not a new thing. This method has been used since the mid-1980s which was then introduced by Don Schultz in his book entitled Integrated Marketing Communication.
At present, IMC activities in the sophisticated era have developed rapidly and can be done on various offline and online media.
What is Integrated Marketing Communication?
Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) is a method about how a business can be delivered with the same message on all marketing media.
The main objective of this activity is that it can affect many people with promotional elements in it who are able to touch the level of cognition, affection, and communication.
Usually, the marketing element used in it is soft sell and hard sell. Soft sell in this case includes advertising, public relations or PR, CSR, and interactive marketing with the aim of being able to affect the audience to the level of cognition and affection.
On the other hand, Hard Sell which includes Personal Selling, Direct Selling and Sales Promotion are used to affect the audience at a level of congregation.
The importance of doing the Integrated Marketing Communication strategy
The marketing strategy in the form of Integrated Marketing Communication is highly able to help every marketing in the company in achieving its sales target, it is due to:
- The IMC is done with the aim of conveying a message consistently, so that every prospective consumer is truly able to accept and also understand the message that will be delivered.
- IMC is also very useful in building a brand image. All the elements contained in a brand will also be participated there will also be easier to be accepted by
- IMC is also very important to improve customer experience. In the digital world, every audience is not only looking for the products or services they need, they also need experiences that are truly able to meet their expectations.
- In addition to being able to strengthen a strong message in the mind of the audience, IMC is also able to become a clear message and objectives in your own business.
Application of Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy
Below are some reasons for every businessman in carrying out product marketing strategies with the Integrated Marketing Communication.
- Integrated Marketing Communication is carried out so that it can convey the entire message in a product consistently. Until ultimately consumers truly understand and understand the message contained in a product.
- As previously said, that IMC was able to build a good impression on the brand or company. It is not limited to the message on the product, but even other products consumers will better understand.
- Those who are included in the promotion characteristics are logos, content and voice messages that can be delivered properly, so that they will be able to produce a product brand that is easier to know and remember by the public.
- By applying the Integrated Marketing Communication, it is not only useful in building a good experience with consumers. But because of the sophisticated technology in the digital world, consumption is also not only looking for products based on quality and service. Consumers also need products that have a review that suits its needs.
- With the message of a good product in the Integrated Marketing Communication, then consumers who have felt the product you will also be willing to determine how your product message can be conveyed in the community, so it can produce a good advantage for the company.
Type of example Integrated Marketing Communications
The following are some types of examples of Integrated Marketing Communication:
1. Advertising promotion
One type of promotion that is done softly selling is advertising. In it, advertising is useful for showing an excess product and knowing its position than other products. Generally, advertising can be used on various media, such as television, social media, radio, etc.
In addition, advertisements are also useful for providing knowledge of a brand to consumers. Simply put example is the marketing of Indomie advertising products, promotional advertisements they do always give impressions and desires of knowledge that always appear in the minds of consumers.
When consuming the product, the impression that is always caused is good and fragrant food, so the message will also be easier to convey to consumers.
2. Promotion of public relations or public relations
Just like customer service which is part of public relations, the public concept of relations can also be done directly. This method is one way for prospective consumers to get to know your company or brand.
This strategy must be able to be done friendly and cheerful, so it is able to give a positive impression to consumers and invite them to come back.
This Public Relations concept is as one form of the Integrated Marketing Communication in terms of increasing consumer confidence in the brand and your product.
3. Promotion through sales promotion
SALES PROMOTION is one of the selling promotions of good products in the Integrated Marketing Communication. Simply put example is a discount and bonus, every businessman will generally carry out promotions to buy one free one or price discount on the amount of groceries with a minimum determined payment.
This method is able to increase the interest of consumers to buy and also promote your product to relatives or other friends.
4. Promotion through Event & Experience
Other marketing concepts contained in the Integrated Marketing Communication are events or experiences, for example a product brand that follows promotion on music concerts or other young people.
In general, the brand product will be a sponsor product and will be promoted subtly, so that it will display a figure that becomes a community idol as a brand ambassador of the product.
5. Promotion through Direct Selling
Direct Selling is one example of the application of Hard Selling, which in which product sales will be carried out directly. In it also marketing will show excess products and will be able to influence consumer experience.
Direct Selling will usually sell a product from someone to several other people or also can by displaying a product in supermarkets or malls.
Purpose of Integrated Marketing Communications Plans
There are several steps that must be taken to achieve maximum results in conducting the Integrated Marketing Communication strategy, namely:
1. Analyzing advertising marketing situations, the way is to analyze the strengths and weaknesses utilizing factual data, understanding the point of the problem, and also find out the solution.
2. Analyzing the information provided, one way is to understand the results of analysis on each response from receipt of information, stages in shipping information, and also the media information used.
3. Arrange a budget, how to find out whether capital is well available or by determining the market segment, market target location, and the nominal cost needed in developing advertising strategies.
4. Develop the Integrated Marketing Communication program by taking all marketing communication programs.
5. Applying and integrating the Integrated Marketing Communication strategy, the way is to do a marketing mix strategy, and do various things that have been set according to plans that have been compiled.
6. Control, monitor and evaluation of the entire concept of integrated marketing communication, the way is to evaluate the effectiveness of work. So, the results will be seen whether the strategy taken is in accordance with the plan or not.
By applying the Integrated Marketing Communication, you can not only strengthen the message to be received by consumers, you will also have a clearer goal. So, the company’s success can be achieved correctly.
In order for your business to grow and increase the number of customers you don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your product, so that later you can improve visitors in your online business portal. FROGGY ADS is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. Helps you target the targeting target you want and give you many choices to market your product.