Online bingo is a classic game of chance favored by players from different parts of the world. The principle of playing Bingo in casinos is very similar to loto, only the cards are smaller and letters are used in addition to numbers. Exploring this game only takes a few minutes, that’s why it’s considered to be so simple and entertaining. In fact, it’s a kind of lottery, but having tried once, you won’t stay aside from it.
Bingo: Best Varieties
Varieties of online Bingo differ in the total number of balls with numbers and fields on playing cards. These settings affect the duration of the game and the variability of combinations. Besides, different types of Bingo can determine winners in different ways. The next types of this game are determined as the most common in the casinos:
- 90-ball bingo is also known as British bingo, and it’s more prevalent in Europe. The cards in this variant have 27 fields arranged 3 x 9, but only 15 are filled with numbers. The process of 90-ball bingo can typically have three different outcomes for players. The first is a complete collection of any one line of numbers. The second is gathering two lines, and the main one is filling the entire card. The sum you can expect to win is usually based on how much each ticket costs, as well as the number of players taking part in the game.
- 75-ball Bingo or American Bingo is considered to be the classic version of the game. As you can see from the name, it is clear that in this version there are 75 balls with numbers. Each card in this bingo has 25 fields arranged 5 x 5, but one of them is empty. Only 24 numbers are indicated on it, and the central one is considered automatically filled. A predetermined winning pattern is announced at the start of each game. As the numbers are called randomly, players must manually muck their cards. The first player to complete the predetermined winning pattern wins the game.
- 80-ball Bingo is a quite new variation, spread mainly in the USA. The game should have a colored card with 25 cells (5×5). Each card contains 24 digits (one cell remains blank). The winner is the one who first crosses out five numbers in one row or diagonally.
- Mini-Bingo or Bingo with 30 balls is considered to be fast-paced, as it doesn’t take much time. Players receive cards with 3 x 3 fields. The winner is the one who crosses out all the numbers faster.
- “Pattern” bingo. The rules resemble the American version of 75-ball bingo, but to win, the participant must create a corresponding figure or letter from the numbers on the card. What kind of figure will be known before the start of the game.
Moreover, there are other variations of bingo games online, such as bingo with a progressive jackpot, bingo with a lucky ball and others. With little differences in rules, it’s pleasant to try something new, and here many types of Bingo will be very relevant.
How to prepare yourself
Bingo newcomers can be a little nervous about the process of the game, and it’s a nice idea to know what to expect from it. Here are some recommendations which might help be ready for whatever playing Bingo:
- Each player receives at least one playing card. The cards consist of 25 squares with random numbers and the top row is occupied by the letters of the word “Bingo”. Your aim is to cover 5 cells in a row to make a vertical, horizontal or diagonal row.
- Make all participants understand the rules of the game. The standard version of Bingo uses 75 different combinations of letters and numbers. Each combination corresponds to a cell on the game cards.
- Identify a moderator from among the players. It’s the person who reads out the letters and numbers according to which to cover the squares on the cards, being involved in the game with everyone else.
- Distribute cards to all players. Each player should receive at least one card. Players may use more than one card if they are comfortable keeping track of all the letters and numbers on different cards.
- Give each player a set of chips, which are needed to cover the squares on their cards. Instead of chips, you may use any small objects that match the size of the cells.
- Cover the center square with a chip. In Bingo, the center square on the card is empty because it does not contain a number. All players cover this square at once.
- Give the moderator the letters and numbers to play with. Letters and numbers can be written on small pieces of paper and folded in half. You may also use special Bingo balls with the letters and numbers on them. All combinations must match the combinations on your playing cards.
How to Play Bingo
Let’s cover the main steps of playing online Bingo to see exactly how everything works.
- The moderator must call out combinations of letters and numbers, randomly choosing a ball or a leaf with the combination and saying it out loud. Also, the combination should be announced several times so that everyone can hear it. If images or words are used instead of alphanumeric combinations, the leader names the word or describes the image to the other players.
- Cover the cell with a chip if a matching combination comes up. When the moderator calls out a letter and a number, check your card. If there is such a combination on the card, cover that cell with a chip.
- The game continues until one player maintains the aim of the game, covering a row of 5 cells. The moderator continues to call the different combinations that fall out. Players cover such squares with their chips that correspond to the named combination.
- Shout “Bingo” if you manage to cover five squares in a row. It’s a way to declare victory. The game ends when one player yells “Bingo”.
- If a winner is determined, everyone must remove chips from the cards. If one player yells “Bingo” and wins the round, everyone must remove the chips from the cards. Start a new game with empty playing cards.
- Shuffle all the balls or leaves with letter-number combinations for the next game.
The Conclusion Obviously, online Bingo seems to be an easy and even funny game based on true luck. Simple rules and the process which is similar to lottery brings the atmosphere of celebration, especially when the combinations are matched. Having acquainted yourself with the rules and the process of the game, you can definitely check your chances to win. And once, it will be your moment of success when you will shout “Bingo!”.