Here’s How to Use the Retargeting Campaign on Facebook Ads
Retargeting ads are a form of online advertising and is intended for people who have visited your website or who are contacts in your list of leads or consumers. In other words, this ad only targets people who are already interested in what you have to offer.
If you’ve never used retargeting before, don’t worry – here you’ll learn how to use it.
Retargeting is divided into two types, namely pixel-based and list-based. Pixel-based is a way to redisplay content to your website visitors. Meanwhile list based can work once you have someone’s contact information in your database.
Requirements for Retargeting
- Facebook Pixel/app event: You need a Facebook Pixel installed on your website to be able to measure the effectiveness of your ad and understand the actions your audience takes on your website. You also need to use the event app to find out the product IDs of your catalog that are viewed, added to shopping carts, and purchased by audiences.
- Product Catalog: A catalog is required so that you can display products that are suitable for each individual. This catalog contains product information for all items that will be advertised on Facebook Ads.
1. Open the ads manager and create your dynamic ad. Dynamic ads will automatically promote the product to people who have already shown an interest in your website, in your app, or anywhere on the internet. You can create dynamic ads with a carousel, single image, or collection ad formats.
2. When you define your audience, select “use information from the Facebook Pixel or your app to create audience retargeting”.
3. Select retargeting options:
- Viewed or Added to Cart but Not Purchased: Promote products from your catalog to people who view or add them to their shopping cart.
- Added to Cart But Not Purchased: Promote products from your catalog to people who added them to their shopping carts.
- Product Upsell: Upsell your product catalog to people who view products from the product set you have created.
- Cross-sell Products: Cross-sell your product catalog to people who view the products from the product set you have created.
- Custom Combinations: Promote products from your catalog to specific audiences based on how they interact with your products. If you select this option, you can select the audience interactions captured by selecting “inclusion” and “exclusion”. For example, you can include people who added products to their shopping cart in the last 45 days and exclude people who bought products in the last 45 days.
4. Determine how long this retargeting campaign will take.
5. You can choose the advanced option if you want to add specific audiences or similar audiences in your retargeting. This allows you to enter the contact database manually.
Retargeting is an effective way to keep you engaged with people who have shown interest in your company. While this concept sounds simple, there are many aspects of retargeting that must be worked out before you create copy and other creative elements.
This is the discussion on how to use retargeting campaigns in Facebook Ads. So that your business grows, don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your products so that later you can increase visitors on your online business portal. Froggy Ads is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. helps you target your desired marketing target and provides you with multiple options for marketing your product.