Cloud Hosting – The Technology of the Future
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting technology is based on the most advanced cloud computing technology – technology that allows an unlimited number of computer machines to function as a single system. Other hosting solutions (which we are familiar with such as shared hosting and dedicated hosting) depend on one machine (server) only, whereas in cloud hosting systems security and reliability issues rely on a series of servers. which we can expand – both vertically (scale-up) and horizontally (scale-out) – easily. To better understand this, let’s imagine a series of clouds in the sky. Clouds are soft, elastic, can expand and move easily. This is why this set of servers is referred to as the Cloud.
Your website that is placed on this cloud system uses virtual resources (CPU, RAM, hard disk capacity, etc.) from multiple servers to meet every aspect of the needs of hosting your site (website). The load is divided evenly (balanced), security is always a major concern and every hardware resource is always available virtually so that it is always ready to be deployed whenever needed.
Websites, web applications, email servers, backups etc. can be hosted on the cloud. This cloud hosting technology used to be only available to giant internet companies like Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft etc. due to its extremely high cost and complicated setup, but the good news is that this technology is now widely available for various businesses. at an affordable cost.
Large Migration to Cloud Hosting
- Netflix, the largest IPTV service provider company in the US, is moving its entire infrastructure to the Amazon cloud computing service.
- By the end of 2012, around 80% of all Fortune 1000 companies had moved part or all of their IT services to cloud hosting, and around 30% had purchased their cloud computing infrastructure.
- Gartner estimates Cloud to be a market valued at around $ 109 million, which will expand to $ 207 million in 2016.
- More than 30% of IT budgets from various companies are now budgeted for the cloud
- 60% of the workload of servers will be virtualized by 2014
- By 2015, half of the surveyed organizations are expected to move 40% or more of their IT infrastructure to the cloud.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting
Cloud hosting allows you to be able to expand your business both vertically (scale-up) and horizontally (scale-out) easily whenever you want:
1. Vertical Scaling – You can add resources such as RAM (memory) or add disk space to your servers to quickly increase their performance so that they can handle increasing workloads. This can happen instantly (instantly and quickly) without having to stop the work of your entire server series and network.
2. Horizontal Scaling – You can expand your server chain by adding some servers, and not just adding resources such as RAM/disk capacity earlier. You can add any number of servers you need in the cloud system to increase its capacity to handle traffic (the number of visitors to your website). You can start with some servers first, then add new servers as your traffic grows and your business resource requirements.
3. Reliability – Your website is protected from server failures or hardware problems (which is quite common), this is possible because your website is hosted on some servers in the cloud instead of a single server. If one of the servers in the server chain is damaged / not functioning, there will always be another server ready to take over the load in real-time. This means that if a website is hosted on a cloud infrastructure, it is very unlikely that the website will “crash” and not load.
4. Massive Capacity – Due to Cloud’s ability to expand both vertically and horizontally, your website is now able to handle any amount of traffic with ease and this also means an increase in the number of sales and conversions on your website.
5. No Single Point of Failure – Every part of the system (disk capacity, servers, network equipment, etc.) is ensured to always have a backup (redundant) and distributed. This means there are no hardware or software problems with the underlying technology.
6. Dedicated Resources – Your resources (CPU, RAM, and disk space) are reserved only for you, and are not shared with other users.
7. High Efficiency – The use of “virtual pooling” (virtual pooling of resources) makes the whole system very efficient, and the performance of individual resources be it software, servers, or networks will add to the increase in performance.
8. Enhanced Security – Each cloud user will be isolated (limited) in their respective environment. This will ensure that security issues are isolated (restricted), unlike in a shared hosting environment. Cloud hosting also keeps your content safe. By distributing server data to various other backup servers, data information hosted in the cloud is protected from hardware failure.
Those are some of the discussions about cloud hosting that you need to understand. For your business to grow and increase the number of your customers, don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your products so that later you can increase visitors on your online business portal. Froggy Ads is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. helps you target your desired marketing target and gives you many options to market your product.