4 Tips for Your Email Marketing to Attract Consumer Attention
In email marketing, one part that you need to pay close attention to is the content or the contents of the email. Email marketing is one of the most effective ways for e-commerce to drive sales. This is one of several marketing channels where the audience has consciously chosen to receive e-mail from your brand. So, it makes sense that email is a high priority for many online stores.
Then how is the most effective way to run email marketing to attract the attention of consumers? Here are some things you need to do:
1. Using Attractive Copy
Copy the body of the email is where you fulfill the promise or offer that you made in the subject part of the email. However, no matter how interesting the subject of your e-mail, e-mail marketing will still fail if the contents of the e-mail can not make the audience interested.
To begin, the contents of your e-mail must always be interesting, concise, and also following the characteristics of your brand. Your copy must be able to convince customers to act following the CTA displayed in your email. This is why it is very important to use the information hierarchy in e-mails, which is to place the most important information at the beginning of the e-mail, and discuss the details in the next section.
It’s also important for you to make copies that are concise and easy to read. Here are a few things to note:
- Start with one simple offer
- Write a short paragraph, take advantage of the white space for a more interesting copy
- Use bullet-points, headings, make a clear hierarchy of content so that content can be read quickly.
- Use certain formatting methods such as phrases or bold letters to highlight the things you want to highlight.
2. Use Images That Add Value
Images can be a good way to convey your message. However, images can also increase email loading times and cause formatting problems on smartphones (images are not displayed properly). Therefore, use images only when they can truly add value to your email and can convey messages better than just plain text.
Use a small image. Most email services recommend that images should be no more than 1MB. Besides, another problem that is often encountered is that some email providers block images from senders that are not in the user’s contact list. So you need to add alternative text to make sure the recipient of the email knows what the picture is and they can click on the email link to see the picture if they are interested.
3. Optimizing Mobile Display and Responsive Design
Email design that is suitable for smartphone users is now a must for you. In early 2019, around 60% of emails were opened via mobile devices, and this lift will certainly continue to grow. Not to mention the growth of mobile commerce – which in general, consumers are more comfortable exploring and buying products through their mobile phones.
Fortunately, almost every email marketing platform provides features for designing e-mail to fit the look of the cellphone. For example, by providing features to choose a template design or choose options that automatically optimize the appearance of emails.
4. Use Effective CTA
CTA acts explicitly suggest steps to be taken after the audience reads your e-mail. CTAs are usually in the form of invitations to for example buy certain items, review recent purchases, pick up shopping vouchers, and so on. Here are some CTA tips in email marketing:
- Prioritize one CTA per email: each email marketing should focus on one main action desired. More than one CTA will distract or confuse the reader.
- Use words that give rise to urgency: this can mean emphasizing certain things like “limited time” from certain sales, “limited amount” for stock items, and other phrases like “buy now” or “start free now”.
- Use prominent button images: CTAs must be more prominent than other parts of the email. Use bright colors and contrast, and you should not put the CTA at the very end of the email.
Thus the discussion of 4 tips so that your email marketing can attract the attention of consumers. And don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your product, so that later you can increase visitors on your online business portal. Froggy Ads is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. helps you target the marketing target you want and gives you many choices for marketing your product.