4 Most Effective Ways to Improve Your E-Commerce User Experience
Nowadays people are accustomed to shopping online through smartphones. The effect, now consumers are more selective and smarter than ever when shopping online. User Experience (UX) is one important element in e-commerce. According to statistics, 38% of consumers will leave a website if they find the design unattractive.
The e-commerce system has succeeded in creating a fair competition climate and can provide excellent opportunities for small brands to build their positioning and attract loyal consumers. However, to achieve this goal, a brand must invest in improving their UX.
Are you wondering what is needed to form the perfect e-commerce eX for your website visitors? Iflexion’s e-commerce Developer has shared some of the most effective and affordable tips to consider at this time.
1. Prioritize Functions Instead of Design
Design is important, but what’s the point if it doesn’t work properly? Parallax scrolling, video backgrounds, hidden navigation buttons, autoplay, and carousel images have dominated the e-commerce world for some time because they look fancy. Unfortunately, luxury design is not something that buyers are looking for. That is why people tend to feel disturbed by these features. Once again, UX is not about aesthetics, but about functionality.
When shopping online, people don’t pay much attention to the appearance of the website. They prefer easy access to products, detailed information, easy selecting, and a simple checkout page. So, a good design is needed as an initial impression, but if the design is blocking the function, it should be corrected immediately.
2. Focus on Personalization
Personalization in the realm of e-commerce is very important to do by a brand to build more meaningful relationships with consumers. As we know, consumers currently have an unlimited number of choices. Personalization can be the key to their loyalty to the brand.
Something as simple as the “other customers also see this product” section is a good example of easy UX personalization. One of the largest e-commerce sites in the world, Amazon, also applies this method.
Trending items or personalized email newsletters can help you achieve the same goals without the need for massive investment in designing your online store.
3. Simplify the Checkout Process
Fewer checkout stages tend to have a smaller shopping basket abandonment rate. You might need to try one of the following steps to simplify the checkout process:
- Make sure your online store stores information on consumers who visit (but keep in mind GDPR or general consumer data protection regulations). This is important because people hate being asked the same question many times.
- Eliminate matters that can interfere with the checkout process. Show only the functions needed to complete a transaction. If possible, make a feature so that consumers can log in with accounts they already have (Facebook, Google, etc.) so they don’t need to create a new profile for your website.
- Make guest checkout an alternative, because more and more people are reluctant to share their personal information with third parties.
- Simplify the data validation process.
4. Add Sorting and Create List Features
The sorting feature can make it easier for consumers to find the product they want faster, so they don’t need to see the unwanted product. While the create list feature can make it easier for consumers to make a list of products to buy later. Thus, they no longer need to find a product to buy when they close the page.
Thus the discussion 4 Most Effective Ways to Improve Your E-Commerce User Experience. Don’t forget to advertise through the Froggy Ads service, you can start by advertising your product, so that later you can increase visitors on your online business portal. Froggy Ads is an online advertising service that can help you control all your product campaigns. helps you target the marketing target you want and gives you many choices for marketing your product.